TOP EXCUSES AND WHY THEY AREN’T TRUE
1. I don’t have time…. You do have time; it just needs to be important enough. Make an appointment with yourself and make it a habit.
2. I’m too busy - let’s get real, if it’s a priority, you will make time for it, like watching the final episode of Real Housewives.
3. I don’t like to workout….. You just haven’t found what you like. What excites you? What did you love to do when you were a kid?
4. I don’t have anyone to train with….. Grab a friend, join a group, start your own workout club. Like attracts like. There are tons of things to join and do if you just look.
5. I can’t afford it…. There are so many different methods of training that you are bound to find something to fit your budget, even if it’s free!
6. I don’t know what to do…. Research the internet or find a coach, that is what a coach is for, to answer your questions and point you in the right direction to get the results you want.
7. I don’t know where to start…. The most important thing is to start, do something, it doesn’t matter what it is. Still stuck? Hire a coach.
8. I don’t want to get ‘big’….. Ladies, you won’t get ‘big’, you will develop nicely defined muscles. Most of us won’t do what it takes to get ‘big’.
9. I have a bad __________(knee, back, shoulder) so I can’t workout…… Great excuse, but that is all it is, an excuse. You can always do something, even if it’s just stretching on the floor or a slow walk around the block. Move improve your body!
10. I am not motivated.. Another excuse. If you always wait until you feel like it then you won’t do it because your feelings keep you locked into your comfort zone to keep you safe, not successful.
11. I worked out before and didn’t see any results….. Did you have specific, measurable goals? Did you have a plan? If not, of course you didn’t see any results, you didn’t have a plan or even know what you wanted in the first place.
12. I am too old…. It’s never too late to be what you haven’t been.
13. My kids get in the way…. Get it done before they get up, work out while you watch them play soccer or better yet do something with them like biking or hiking. Set an example for living a healthy lifestyle.
14. I’m too fat…. We ALL need to get exercise to stay healthy no matter our size.
15. I’m already thin…. Being thin doesn’t mean you have a healthy body fat % plus exercise has other benefits besides weight such as lowering blood pressure, reducing stress, etc.
BOTTOM LINE: There will always be an excuse not to, the trick is to find a way to do it. Commit to be fit.